Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another Web Update...

So I've just updated the site again. I have listened to the few people I trust for good strong feedback and amended the bits that don't work and added to the bits that do.
Firstly I have again added more piccies to the home screen. Only another ten, but enough for you all to get a different shot every now and again. Secondly, I have added the 'Our Lives' pictures to the gallery. These are shots I am taking for the Curry's Comp being held online. I made myself a rule at the offset of this competition that I would not use any stock images, or live show images. I would start again from scratch and release the results. On that note, I really don't feel that I will win, but it is good practise for me in relation to the future of my images. I love to photograph, not just music but everything. I carry my camera everywhere I go just in case that shot turns up.

As I look at the other results from this comp I have also noticed that many images are being tinted with digital messing around. This is something else that I try to avoid. When I used my 35mm more actively, and processed my own negs, digital enhancing wasn't an option. I may be stuck in the past but I strongly feel that if you need to tamper with the shot to the degree that it changes, then you need to learn to take photographs! I recently visited the offices of Getty Images (the biggest photo desk in the world) and was informed during conversation that the press are not allowed to even use filters on lens' as this is regarded as tampering with the shot! I do actually use filters for my arty stuff and such like, however a filter has never been used for any of my music stock. My dream is to feature in the realms of The World Press Photo archives so knowing info like this is priceless.

This is one of the many comps I plan on entering this year and next, so do keep one eye to the smoke and look out for my get up. If you want to vote for my Our Lives entries, then visit http://www.currysourlives.co.uk/ and search my name at the right of the screen. I'll keep you all posted when more comps arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home