Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sophie Ellis Bexter @ GAY

So last night I drove into central London to shoot Sophie Ellis Bexter. I have to say that she was very good too, although I am questioning if my opinion is purely based on the fact that she broke the boom boom boom noise coming from the speakers. I am in fact referring to the fact that GAY is a night club that hosts a live performance on a kind of regular basis. So far I've personally photographed a whole array of artists including the wonderful Fergie from Black Eyed Peas, McFly, some page three totty, and a bunch more that I can't remember at the moment as it's very late and now I'm in my thirties (as early as I am into my thirties!) my brain doesn't work like it used to. The only thing I could do without about the GAY performances is that they begin at 1AM!!
Sophie played a good set here tonight, sounding very strong and definitely getting the best out of the crowd in front of the stage. Each song she sung had the place in a trance and there didn't seem to be many folk out there who didn't enjoy it
Tonight I also spent some time trying to get a shot of the clubbers revelling before sophie made the stage as I arrived about an hour too early. I'm not really into the dance scene so using the time to take pictures seemed to be a good idea and I think I did OK. This will be another shot for the Curry's compo with any luck.. although I'm not about to edit them shots til tomorrow as I need to get some sleep tonight!
Now I am bastard tired as it's six am. I've finished uploading the photo's of tonight's gig to FM.. or Getty... or whoever, I've had a quick brew and now I'm going to get some kip so goodnight to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home