Saturday, May 03, 2008

April, oh april..

April came and went as quickly as you can imagine and once again I have become late with the latest update of my diary. However I do hope the work I am profiling this month suggests that the wait was worth it. The weather has been great in April so I've been fairly happy with the results of this months collection of photographs. I have featured four of the months wares here for you to see and comment on should you wish.
The first is the result of me looking for eye catching results without the need to even leave my back garden. I shot the droplets of water with a macro lens and produced this frame featuring the reflection of my garden fence. I have concentrated on the closeup style of photography a lot this month but I still feel there is a lot more for me to grasp before I can be fully happy with my results. Still, I think I have proved (for those who feel the need to be convinced) that fine photography can be achieved in any chosen scenery.
This is a closeup shot of the rape flowers here in Kent. The bright yellow flower tends to overpower anything else at this time of year and I have taken advantage of the wonderful colour it produces. I have taken a few landscape shots this month and although these shots are plenty on the market, I couldn't just let the opportunity pass. I do find however that these plants can be tricky to shoot as I find it is easy to over expose the image and the rape just looks nasty. practice makes perfect.. In the picture shown, I shot at a lower light temperature and used a bit of fill flash to produce this greeting card style of picture. Get well soon, or whatever..
Here's something you should see popping up within the photography based websites a lot this time of year and why should I not join the party. The famous bluebell. Lining our great British woodland's floors and making any dense tree area look like a postcard. When wandering through the woods I noticed that not only can I add to my stock of the spring delight, the creepy crawlies were a plenty also and that my book does lack the standard ladybird shot. A shot that features on most other macro photographer websites. Let me introduce Boris the ladybird, aptly named after the new London Mayor (however the hell that happened, I mean BORIS? I saw him on Have I got News... and thought he was a bit odd but...), a fine chap who was very patient and stood still whilst I faffed about taking the shot.
April is over now and May has begun. I hope that this month is as rewarding as the last and I can continue to strengthen my collection. As we head toward the summer months and the weather continues to improve, the conditions should allow for some fantastic photography. I'll keep you informed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home