Sunday, January 27, 2008

Welcome to January, a busy year ahead..

Well the festive season came, and went and here I find myself nearing the end of January already! My parents always said it all gets quicker when you get older but this is ridiculous!

Anyway, the first trip of the new year took me to Wales, home of the hills, views, and great photography.. Not this time though. It pissed down for the entire of my four day trip, and visibility was minimal. This did not stop the shooting, but did however make it rather hard work, that's not mention the amount of times I went sliding down some steep boggy hill.

I headed across to Mumbles for a coastal look as the Beacons were proving a tad worthless. Mumbles is of course the beginnings of one Catherine Zeta Jones. I managed to capture a few bashing waves before the heavens opened and soaked me once again. I'm glad my equipment is a bit durable and can withstand the odd flood.
Wales and Oxford are currently engulfed in overflowing lakes and rivers and suffering in some areas butI didn't come across any residential areas under water. I did see many a field under the tide which I guess is a shame for them sheep, eh?

I looked through a couple of folders from 2007 and found a couple of gems this month. I shot his frame at Conyer last August and just disgarded it for some reason.
This is obviously where folk bring there boats to die. The creek is scattered with old boats of all shapes and sizes, most of which will never see the open sea again.
I've got the next picture trip in the making, so stay tuned and I'll post a couple of photographs of the experience on my return. I'm thinking abroad...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home