Sunday, October 21, 2007

Return to The Lakes

So I had to go to Edinburgh again. I do like Edinburgh for it's photogenic opportunities, however as I had to go by car, I wanted to stop somewhere on route to get the perfect sunrise.

My attempts were somewhat thwarted by the fact that on the morning, and only the morning of my visit, the clouds came out to play as well! I plodded on though and snapped the lakes although it would have been so much more gratifying should there had been a great sunrise like that of recent.

The drive was long and mostly dark as I wanted to be at Glenridding in Cumbria by 6am to be sure of enough time to set up my gear. Travelling by night is so much less stressful than during the day, the only other people on the road are lorry drivers so no jams, and best of all, nobody threatening to beat me up which seems to happen more and more frequent these days...
I arrived at my first stop and set my camera up on its tripod and adjusted the settings.
The sun rose behind the clouds and the day started, the lake at Ullswater Lake at Glenridding appeared glass like as it lay still, the hilltops and surroundings reflected quite amazingly so I took as many shots as I could before starting off again in the direction of Edinburgh.
The scenery in the UK is so amazing it's quite a shame that people decide to travel abroad for there holidays. Saying that I'm not so sure that most folk would appreciate this type of view rather than that of a bar, pool, beer and somewhere to get laid so maybe that's for the best, eh?
I really must plan a trip to span over a few weeks to get north and spend some time photographing this wonderful country

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home