Thursday, December 08, 2011

Windy Miller.. Whatever!!

In my quest to constantly find a half decent shot I found myself in The Wetlands of Taisi this afternoon. I new when I left my house.. hmmm.. I knew when I left our dodgy flat this afternoon that the weather was a wee bit choppy, however decided to press on regardless. Afterall, the internet and four walls are not about to pay the rent! When I reached I soon thought of it as a bad idea; I was moving at around forty kph on the ol' scooter, and the wind must of touched on around seventy in the opposite direction, which works out really f***ing windy!
The thing with wind is that it is not constant. I would be nearly blown of the hot wheels one moment, then move along for a while until I start to feel the confidence creep in again, then WHOOSH! I nearly end up in the drink, or in some bush covered in wounds and staring in the eye of some massive hairy-arsed spider!
I have fallen from the saddle a couple of times now, much to the amusement of 'er indoors, and am finding it hard to admit this to certain family members whom are keen motorcyclists, most of which write on Facebook about fun times and zooming around like this is something all people should explore, and there I am staring up at the stars wondering why the eff I can't just get a car, or a bus or even just bleeding walk!
Anyway, I got to the destination and took a couple of shots, even though I had to hang off the tripod to try to stop it moving, which must have looked fantastic to the Taiwanese fellow that stopped to ask me questions. A foreign guy, hanging from a camera whilst attempting to have a conversation in a completely different language. Anyway, here is one of the pictures I managed to get, although I'm not sure I like it so it could be in the recycle bin by the morning..

I spend a lot of time looking into where I am to shoot, and tend to get quite away from home. This inevitably means riding home. I thought it would be easy, as I was riding into the wind in the way here, so therefore with the wind back. Not quite the case, to say the least. When I am trying to concentrate on not falling off, I tend to not concentrate too much on road signs, and managed to get a little lost. This meant that I had to retrace my route, into the wind to locate the correct way home.
Overall, not the best day, another rip in a pair of jeans, and a big hair-do that 'er indoors kept looking at as if my head was on fire!
Still, big city tomoz, and maybe some good shots for showing. Forecast: rain, so one tends to engulf self doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home