Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where for art thou, Taipei?

So I went to Taiwans capital city of Taipei over the weekend. I heard that there was to be rain and I thought I could try to get a shot of the 101 building in a way that I have not yet seen on the markets with the aid of the weather..
So it was cold, it rained for the entire duration of my visit, and for the most part it was foggy too! Awesome!
I stood there on the peak of Tiger Mountain for nearly 5 hours waiting for the right light and a break in the clouds. I have to say, that the results of the quest were quite disappointing, in my own opinion.

I did manage to get a bunch of shots of the skyline, and one of them looks really quite moody. I have posted this one on the Book of Faces (here) should you wish to cast your own opinion.
Other than that, I didn't really have the most productive of trips. I stayed at a hotel which houses the craziest fella of all time (which was amusing), and a mere 30 yards to the main station which is always handy.
I do like visiting these bigger cities, as it would appear that everybody speaks English, which is something Beigang does not offer. Taipei is also a fine place to find a decent feed, and seems to have culinary delights from around the world, no matter how far or wide.
Anyway, I am gonna have to keep an an eye on the forecasts and go back when the skies clear, and possible create a worthy op for a good shot. Oh, wait, er hang on, do the skies in Taiwan actually clear, only it seems to have rained or been cloudy since the day we arrived.. Hope springs eternal...

By the way, is there any chance anybody knows the make and model of this fine feathered being?
I could him/her perched on the remains of a small temple in the city and thought I would grab a quick shot while I had the Chance.

I'm not really a big fan of nature photography, well, MY nature photography but I did hear that practice makes perfect so I get them when I can. I will place some more on here in the next few for you to remind me not to bother..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home